Tuesday, April 25, 2017

Say You'll Stay - Corinne Michaels

Title - Say You'll Stay
Author - Corinne Michaels
Genre - Romance
Pages - 310

One word.

Stay.
It was all he had to do. Instead, he got on that bus and took my heart with him.

That was seventeen years ago.

I moved on. Marriage. Kids. White picket fence. Everything I ever wanted, but my husband betrayed me and I was left once again.

Alone, penniless, and with two boys, I had no choice but to return to Tennessee. He wasn’t supposed to be there. I should’ve been safe. However, fate has a way of stepping in.

This time around, the tables are turned. It’s my decision. Second chances do exist, but I don’t know if we can repair what’s already been broken . . .


***********************************************************************************************************************

I've been exploring new authors lately, based purely on reviews and the preface of the book. This book is the first in the Return To Me series and each book in this series is a standalone.

The story had a devastating start, in the beginning it immediately sucked me in and I knew right away that I'd finish the book in one or two sittings, but that was it. Later, the story didn't have many twists and turns and I found it hard to get through all of it. Nothing unexpected happened, nothing exciting happened. The one thing I fell in love with was Zach, such a heart-warming and beautiful man he is.

The book is written well, I must give the author that. And the hope that second-chances brings is depicted with utmost clarity. I will read the next book sometime in the near future with the hope that it is better than this one. 

No comments:

Post a Comment