Monday, May 15, 2017

Everything For Her (For Her #1) - Alexa Riley


Title - Everything For Her (For Her #1)
Author - Alexa Riley
Genre - Adult
Pages - 384
I'll never forget the way she looked, so confident and sure of herself. I watched her from a distance. She wasn't ready for me yet. I didn't approach her and I didn't disturb her, but I never once took my eyes off her.  
Mallory Sullivan is ready to start her new life. After graduating at the top of her class, she's landed one of the most coveted internships in the United States. Hard work and determination have gotten her to this moment of living the life she only dreamed of while growing up in foster care. 
From the start, I knew that she would be my greatest achievement, so the day I let her go, I set down a path for her. A path to me.  
She never expected Oz to be the greatest culmination of those dreams. But sometimes fate determines who you fall in love with. Who makes you lose control. Who owns your soul. 
And then you realize it wasn't fate at all… 
I've wanted to care for and protect her since the first moment I saw her. I've constructed everything in our lives so that at the perfect moment, I could have her, could give her the life she deserves.  

The time has come.
***********************************************************************************************************************

Alexa Riley is a well known name in the adult romance genre but had only written short stories until Everything For Her. This book happens to be the duo's(Alexa Riley is a two woman team who write dirty books together) first full length novel. I came across this story on goodreads and jumped right into it.

This book was good, very good, but the majority of it was very unrealistic. That's the freedom writing gives you, you can write or frame things in the most unrealistic manner cause that's the whole point of writing fiction - to let your imagination go as wild and as creepy as it can. I enjoyed the book, but not to a point of bragging about it for days to come. I read it, I liked it, I moved on.

I will not hesitate stating that the main characters were exaggerated. Oz was an over obsessed psycho and Mallory was an imbecile with no brain cells. Oz's obsession over Mallory was beyond my comprehension, and how he fell in love with her the way he did was well beyond me. May I add, she took a very long time to realize things and in the end she kind of reveled in Oz's unhealthy obsession, which sort of makes her a psycho too.

What I liked, or rather loved about this book was the way it was written. The flow of language, the elucidation of emotions, the order of events and the hot and dirty sex!



The only character that seemed real to me was that of Paige's, Mallory's roommate and best friend. After reading this book, I dived right into the next in the series to learn Paige and Captain America's story.

This book is not recommended for readers under the age of 18.

No comments:

Post a Comment